Tokenisation is the replacement of sensitive credit card data with a unique identifier (the token) that cannot be mathematically reversed. Eliminating payment data from your network is the best way to help ensure that a shopper's sensitive payment information is safe.
- Payment data is stored in secure Worldpay data centres and exchanged for a safe token
- Token generated using proprietary algorithms and can't be mathematically reversed
- Four token formats, used to tokenise a wide range of payment types.
- Reduces PCI scope
- Integrate with Worldpay Account Updater to automatically update payment data
- Token data is meaningless to hackers
To learn more, see the Add Tokenisation part of the Worldwide Payment Gateway guide.