Gambling – changing the game.
1. What have your top 3 highlights of 2018 been so far?
1. As of 14th May 2018, changes to PASPA (Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, also known as the Bradley Act) are now allowing individual states in the US to regulate and legalise sports betting, which makes for a significant opportunity and new market dynamics.
2. The World Cup fever has hit and it has been full of unpredictable results and unexpected knockouts. It’s been a very exciting time for the gambling industry.
3. One of the key highlights for us is working with and learning from our colleagues across the pond, in what used to be called Vantiv Entertainment Solutions, about the US gambling market and understanding the new opportunities our collaboration now brings across the globe.
Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, also known as the Bradley Act, has changed the gambling landscape in the USA. This is a great opportunity and brings new market dynamics.
2. Recently, there have been some major developments in terms of online gambling in the US. What opportunities do you see these presenting gambling companies?
Although changes to the PASPA regulation are paving the way for states to self-regulate, we will only start seeing opportunities materialize towards the end of the year once states have been able to create and vote on their legislation. We see several major players already positioning themselves to take advantage of these opportunities as soon as they become real.
3. What are you looking forward to the most in the second half of 2018?
From everything going on, I’m most excited about the opportunities created in the US due to the reversal of PASPA. With so much regulatory change, for the rest of the year we will be looking at how companies deal with these changes and how we can help in that process.
Visa Direct and faster payouts have resulted in a huge shift in the gambling landscape, changing the pay-outs model from 2-5 days to 30 mins. This is going to enable global, regional, domestic and cross-border real-time payments. Players will benefit from faster deposits and withdrawals, and merchants can manage this through a single gateway integration.
Players will benefit from faster deposits and withdrawals, and merchants can manage this through a single gateway integration, thanks to Visa Direct. This reduces payouts from up to 5 days to within 30 minutes.
4. Which gambling companies are doing exciting things – and why?
Betfair acquiring US fantasy football company, FanDuel, earlier this year to take advantage of PASPA changes in the future.
Stars Group have agreed to buy Sky Bet, which would create the largest publicly listed gambling company in the world.