Key features: Portable card machine
- Connects through Bluetooth or WiFi
- Extended battery life and separate charging station
- Accept gratuities, contactless payments and capability to offer cashback
- Terminals are compliant to latest PCI PTS standards
How do I connect my portable card terminal?
Ingenico iWL250 - Connect card machine with WiFi
- Multiple WiFi card machines can be connected to one WiFi network
- Extended battery life
- Connects WiFi routers, WiFi hotspots or tether to your mobile
Ingenico Iwl252 - Connect card machine with Bluetooth
- Connection up to 100m from its base
- Extended battery life
- Runs off a phone line or plugs into a router
What’s included with my portable card machine?
- Decals for windows and tills to show what card types can be accepted
- Portable card machine
- Receipt roll
- Installation guide to setup your terminal
- Charging cable
- Charging station
SaferPayments for a safer business
Accepting card payments means staying compliant with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Our SaferPayments programme will guide you step by step on what you need to do to become compliant.Learn More
What is credit card processing?
Credit card processing is critical—it ensures that your customers can simply and quickly checkout. This overview will help you understand the basics.
How does the portable card machine work?
The Ingenico iWL258 portable card machine can be connected via WiFi and will require internet connectivity. The WiFi option offers greater mobility for large premises. The Ingenico iWL252 portable card machine connects through Bluetooth and requires either a phone line or Ethernet connection and can cover areas up to 100m from the base.
What cards are accepted?
All major debit and credit cards are accepted including Visa, Mastercard, China Union Pay, Diners Club International and Discover. American Express can be added on request.
Are contactless payments accepted?
All our card terminals have contactless built in including Apple Pay, Google Pay and Samsung Pay.
What happens if my terminal breaks down?
For customers using Worldpay payment terminals, we offer a Peace of Mind package which, including a fast response terminal replacement service, where we aim to replace faulty or broken terminals within 24 hours.
How long will it take to arrive?
Once your application has been approved and your Worldpay customer number allocated, we’ll aim to schedule the delivery of your terminal within 4 days.
Can I set the terminal up myself?
All our terminals are easy to install. For support, you can visit our dedicated help pages here help.worldpay.com/card-machines