Calling all serious chocoholics. Did you know you can now get chocolate facials and chocolate oil back massages?
No? Then get yourself down to the East Sussex coast because these are just two of the beauty treatments on offer at The Haven in St Leonards-on-Sea.
From hair and nails to tanning, aromatherapy and MiniMi body wraps, Teresa Clark’s establishment offers a wide range of pampering treatments for both women and men. “We want everyone to leave our salon feeling fresh and revitalised,” she says.
Teresa opened The Haven 11 years ago in her home town after finishing her beauty training. She hadn’t intended to open her own salon but a friend persuaded her they should open one together. The early days were very hard work. “It was a struggle,” she says. “I was doing five cleaning jobs every Sunday to subsidise the business while it was getting established.”
After 14 months her friend had had enough of the toil and pulled out, but Teresa was determined to make a success of the business she had worked so hard on. And today The Haven is a local institution with a cadre of loyal customers many of whom have been coming since the very beginning. What’s the secret of her success? “Affordable treatments for everyone and a home-from-home environment,” she says. Taking card payments give her a business advantage, too, as many of her competitors strangely don’t.
Worldpay became her payments partner 2½ year ago. Her previous supplier was, she says, very expensive. And there was no online portal she could use to look at the transactions and manage her account. When she needed support none was available. With her contract coming to an end, a call from Worldpay and a follow-up visit easily persuaded her that the sensible course of action would be to switch providers. She’s never looked back.
Teresa says cards are by far her customers’ most preferred method of payment “About three-quarters of payments are by card these days,” she says, “and last week only two customers paid with cash!”
Her Worldpay countertop terminal not only accepts credit and debit cards, but also contactless eWallet payments including Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay (for transactions under the £30 contactless limit).
And what about the issue of support which was one of the major shortcomings of the previous payments supplier? “The irony is that I’ve never needed any support from Worldpay,” laughs Teresa. “It’s all so easy and straightforward. I’ve only ever phoned once and that was just to find out how to order new paper rolls. The response was fast and friendly.”
Teresa points out that when you run a business on your own, you’re running every single aspect of it. “When you find a supplier who lightens your load, that’s a huge blessing – a company that takes stress away from you instead of adding it,” she says. “That’s what Worldpay does and it really adds value. I was approached by one of your competitors recently and they claimed they might be cheaper. I found myself saying, ‘I don’t care’. That’s how much I value what I get from Worldpay.”
By logging on to our secure online portal, Worldpay Dashboard, Teresa can manage her Worldpay account and access information about her business in real time:
- Instant access to sales totals
- Easy-to-read breakdowns of card transactions
- Insights into customer spending patterns
- Visually represented data
- Download your transaction history at any time
- View each stage of the payment process from transactions to settlement to invoicing
- Hour-by-hour breakdowns – up to an entire year’s worth of information
- Access information whenever you like, no matter how frequently you choose to reconcile
- List of daily settlements
- Forecast your available funds
- Receive your Worldpay invoices electronically
- View and download your invoices
(a paper invoice option is also available)
- Support for all major credit and debit cards – Visa, Mastercard, China UnionPay, Diners Club International (plus American Express on request)
- Contactless payments by card and mobile wallets such as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay
- Process sales, refunds, cashback and tips
- PCI-DSS compliant for maximum card security
- A range of simple price plans to suit your business
- 24/7/365 UK customer support
- Broadband connection via a phone line
- Easy to install
- Our Peace of Mind package includes a rapid terminal replacement service – we will aim to replace faulty or broken terminals within 24 hours