Worldpay is a global leader in payments processing technology and solutions for our merchant customers. We operate reliable and secure proprietary technology platforms that enable merchants to accept a vast array of payment types, across multiple channels, anywhere in the world.
Worldpay has been a pioneer in card payments, multi-currency processing, online payments and contactless, and is aiming to lead the way in expanding global reach, data analytics and optimisation, and the emerging field of integrated payments.
On a typical day, we process 31 million mobile, online and in-store transactions – that’s about 360 a second. In 2014 we handled c.11.5bn transactions, with a total value of c.£370bn and an average transaction value of £32.24. We supported c.400,000 merchants in 126 currencies across 146 countries, offering over 300 payment methods. We are the leader in payments in the UK, where we process approximately 42% of all transactions.
Our solutions are delivered by 4,500 colleagues from our corporate headquarters in London and 25 offices in 11 countries around the world.
We serve all types of businesses – big and small. You may interact with Worldpay several times a day, without realising it. We are the trusted payments partner of some of the UK’s largest retailers, but also for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses in the UK and US, including over 16,000 hairdressers, over 24,000 restaurants and more than 9,000 pubs in the UK and some of the most innovative and fast growing eCommerce businesses globally.
The Group has three operating divisions: Global eCom, Worldpay US and Worldpay UK.
- Global eCom serves large and fast growing internet-led multinationals with complex payment needs, supported by our vertical expertise.
- Worldpay UK (WPUK) provides local in-store, online and mobile payment acceptance solutions for UK-based merchants, from large corporates to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs/SMBs) and micro merchants, accounting for approximately 42% of UK card payments.
- Worldpay US (WPUS) provides local in-store, online and mobile payment acceptance solutions for US-based merchants, with a focus on integrated payments for SMEs/SMBs.
Our global presence
- We operate globally and serve merchants across 146 countries with 25 office locations in our key markets. The majority of our 4,500 staff are located in the UK, the US, India and Canada but we are also present in Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Japan, China, Sweden, the Netherlands and Singapore.
- The Worldpay network is able to accept payments from geographies covering >99% of global GDP