Q: What is the Worldpay SaferPayments programme?
The Worldpay SaferPayments programme has been created to make it quicker and easier for you to validate compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
As a Worldpay customer you will have access to a straight forward online programme and telephone based support that will help you take the steps required for self-assessment against this data security standard.
Q: How will SaferPayments benefit my business?
A: At Worldpay we are always looking for new ways to improve upon our existing services. Our new SaferPayments programme makes certifying your PCI DSS compliance simple. As part of our SaferPayments programme you’ll get the following:
- Access to our web based SaferPayments portal which guides you through the PCI DSS compliance process step by step
- Pre-population of up to 90% of your PCI DSS self-assessment questionnaire (SAQ) if using certain Worldpay products (for example, Worldpay point of sale terminal)
- Ability to schedule quarterly PCI DSS external vulnerability scanning (if applicable)
- Telephone, email and chat support 7 days a week
- Email reminder about compliance renewal
- PCI DSS certificate of compliance
Q: Who do I contact if I have any questions about PCI DSS?
- If you have a questions about any PCI DSS related charges you can contact us on 0345 761 6263.
- For any question regarding becoming PCI DSS compliant, you can log on to the portal www.saferpayments.worldpay.com or contact our SaferPayments help desk on 0330 808 0663.
Q: How can I avoid paying any of these charges?
A: Once you become PCI DSS compliant any associated monthly non-compliance fees will no longer apply. You will still need to pay the £29.99 annual management as this is applicable to all customers irrespective of your compliance status. This fee reflects the management of your compliance, along with initial and ongoing costs of implementing the SaferPayments programme and ensuring that you have a mechanism to validate your compliance.
Q: Do I have to comply?
A: Yes. The Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard is a mandatory requirement of the card schemes (i.e. Visa and MasterCard) and applies to any business which takes card payments. For more information on PCI DSS please visit www.pcisecuritystandards.org
Q: When do these new charges apply?
A: These charges will apply two months from the date of your letter. You can avoid the monthly non-compliance charges by using our SaferPayments programme. This programme makes certifying your compliance easier by following the simple step by step guide on the portal.
Q: I’m already compliant with another quality security assessor?
A: You’ll need to up-load your certificate of compliance to the SaferPayments portal as soon as possible, once uploaded any non-compliance fees will no longer apply.