MasterPass™ by MasterCard®
A new way for your customers to pay online through Worldpay that’s safe, simple and smart. MasterPass from MasterCard is a new digital wallet offered to Worldpay customers. MasterPass simplifies the checkout process by storing card details securely in a digital wallet. Customers simply use their email address and password to login to MasterPass, without the need to enter card details each time they buy. Making it faster, simpler and more convenient for customers to pay.
Benefits for your business and customers
Benefits for your business
- Attract more customers - customers can pay easily online with confidence, knowing their card data is secure and protected.
- Increased sales – customers don’t have to re-enter their card details every time they shop, reducing the chance that they may abandon their purchase.
- Convenience – all your MasterPass transactions can be viewed on Worldpay’s Merchant Administration Interface (MAI).
- No cost - no set up costs, or additional charges for MasterPass transactions.
Benefits for your customers
- Speed - customers don't have to enter their card information every time they shop online.
- Flexibility - optimised for all devices and browsers, so customers can use multiple channels to shop.
- Ease - easy to choose and switch between MasterCard and any other branded credit, debit or prepaid card when paying.
- Confidence - peace of mind knowing their card information is stored in a secure wallet by MasterCard.
How it works
- Your customer selects ‘Buy with MasterPass’ at your checkout.
- They log in and confirm their payment card before clicking to pay.
- The payment is confirmed.
To sign up for a MasterPass wallet as a shopper:
To accept cards through MasterPass all you need is:
- An account with Worldpay as your acquirer.
- To accept the supplementary terms to your Merchant Services Agreement with Worldpay.
- Already accept cards as a stand-alone payment method.
There are no additional set-up charges for MasterPass and there will be no additional charge for MasterPass transactions.
If you already have a Business Gateway account, and meet the requirements, we will get in touch to give you the option to start accepting MasterPass. If you have not heard from us about MasterPass and are interested in accepting this payment method, please contact Worldpay on +44 (0) 1223 258 493.