Worldpay (UK) Limited, Worldpay Limited, Worldpay BV, Worldpay AP Limited and any of their group companies (together “Worldpay” or "we" or “our”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Worldpay takes a ‘layered approach’ to explaining its privacy practices, as recommended by regulators. This means that we endeavour to provide you with only the relevant privacy information for the Worldpay service being utilised and we will often use ‘short form’ privacy notices, such as this website privacy notice, to do so. Should you wish to view the comprehensive privacy notice, please use the contact us section or click here. Contact us details are provided at the end of the notice, for feedback or any privacy enquiries you may have.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Information you give us.
You my give us information about you by filling in forms on one of our sites, e.g. www.worldpay.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail, web chat or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have given them the information set out in this notice and that they have given permission for us to use their information as set out in this notice.
2. Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources.
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- Geo-Location Information.
Some devices allow applications to access real-time location based information (for example GPS). Our mobile apps may collect such information from your mobile device at any time while you download or use our mobile apps. We may use this information to optimise your experience.
- Personal and Non-personal information.
Personal information is information that can be used to uniquely identify a single person. We also collect non-personal information, or may anonymise personal information in order to make it non-personal. Non-personal information is information that will not allow a specific individual to be identified. You agree that Worldpay may collect, store, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose; for example, the use of aggregated transactional information for commercial purposes. Under this notice, information collected by cookies and similar technologies are dealt with as non-personal information.
- Event Use of Information Policy.
In registering for any Worldpay event, you agree that: 1. Worldpay may use photos and videos of the event that may include you for distribution to event participants and in our promotional materials for future events; 2. Any insights gained from sessions that you participate in and contribute to may also be used by us (on an anonymised basis) for any purpose and without restriction; 3. Worldpay may include details of your name, title and company in our app for the event which is available to registered delegates.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to understand customer requirements, perform analysis and comparisons and to obtain your views on our goods, services and website(s);
- to develop and test products and services;
- to improve our site and ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to keep our site safe and secure;
We may combine the information we receive from other sources with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site, although ordinarily only non-personal information is shared.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Worldpay or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or access code which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and you authorise Worldpay to act upon instructions and information from any person that enters your user id or password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where applicable, you may have certain rights under the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998, including the right to see the personal information held about you and you may ask us to make any necessary changes to ensure it is accurate and up to date. If, where applicable, you would like a copy of the personal information we hold about you, please see the Contact Us section. There is a £10 fee. Where applicable, the Data Protection Act also provides the following rights in relation to personal information:
- Prevent processing where it may cause damage or distress;
- Commence Court action to claim compensation for damage or distress caused by our failure to comply with the Act;
- Object to automatic processing; and
- Prevent direct marketing.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The laws of other territories applicable to your dealings with Worldpay may also be relevant (and may also impact the above rights) and any such rights can also be progressed via the contact us section below.
Our website uses “cookies” and other technologies, which store small amounts of information on your computer or device, to allow certain information from your web browser to be collected. Cookies are widely used on the internet and allow a website/portal to recognise a user’s device, without uniquely identifying the individual person using the computer. These technologies help to make it easier for you to log on and use the site, provide feedback to us as to which parts of the website you visit, so we can assess the effectiveness of the site and provide a better user experience or to serve Worldpay adverts to you whilst browsing other sites.
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage, block and delete them, see www.allaboutcookies.org and our Cookies Policy. You may also be able to configure your browser not to accept cookies, although please bear in mind that this may affect your ability to use the services we provide.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
All comments, queries and requests relating to our use of your information are welcomed, or if you should wish to exercise any of your rights, you should write to the address below, marked FAO Corporate Legal or contact us.
Worldpay (UK) Limited Registered in England No. 07316500. Registered Office: The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF, United Kingdom. Worldpay (UK) Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (No 530923) for the provision of payment services. Worldpay (UK) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority for consumer credit activities. Registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner, registration Z2431349. The notifications can be found in the notifications register on ico.org.uk.
WorldPay Limited Registered in England No 03424752. Registered Office: The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF, United Kingdom . Worldpay Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (No 504504)) for the provision of payment services. Registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner, registration Z8563896. The notifications can be found in the notifications register on ico.org.uk.
Worldpay AP Limited Registered in England No 05593466. Registered Office: The Walbrook Building, 25 Walbrook, London EC4N 8AF, United Kingdom . Registered with the Office of the Information Commissioner, registration Z1380245. The notifications can be found in the notifications register on ico.org.uk.
Worldpay BV, incorporated and registered in the Netherlands (Handelsregister KvK no. 60494344). Registered Office: Claude Debussylaan 16, 1082 Amsterdam, Netherlands. Worldpay BV holds a licence from and is included in the register kept by De Nederlandsche Bank, which registration can be consulted through www.dnb.nl. Registered with the Dutch privacy regulator College Bescherming Persoonsgegevens. The notifications can be found in the notification register on cbpweb.nl/en.
All rights reserved. Unless otherwise specified, no part of this publication may be reproduced or utilised in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying and microfilm, without permission in writing from Worldpay or subsidiary organisations.